Kresge Physical Sciences Library
& Cook Mathematics Collection
This is a quarterly electronic newsletter to update you on what’s happening in your Library! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or suggestions!
- In the Summer term, Kresge librarians worked with the following classes:
- Prof. LaLonde’s Math 31 (Modern Algebra)
- Prof. Onofrio’s Physics 42 (Quantum Mechanics)
- Prof. Wilcox’s Chem 63 (Environmental Chemistry)
- The results are in from this year’s “Graffiti Wall“! Watch the video here.
- Kresge Librarians participated in the Library Student Summer Outreach events to do outreach to new majors and to raise awareness of subject specific resources available through the Library.
Fall Term Staffing and Hours
- This term Kresge will be open Monday-Thursday 8am-1am, Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 11am-10pm, and Sunday 11am-1am.
- Ann Perbohner is still on leave and in the interim, Shirley Zhao will continue to manage the mathematics and computer science collections and support the information and teaching needs of the respective departments.
- Tracy Snow joined Kresge as Information Associate in late July to support our collection and staffing needs till the end of January. Tracy is also working part-time in Rauner as the Reference Specialist.
- This summer we completed the Reference and Current Reading area reconfiguration to create more space and a more current reference collection. We consolidated our current periodicals and magazines and moved the Popular Science Collection to its new home there. Come enjoy the new look!
- We are continuing work with clearing out older, superseded editions of books to make way for current editions, and removing duplicate copies of books from the collection. Withdrawn books are typically available on Friday morning outside Kresge Library.
- We are also continually adding new books to the collection. Please drop by Kresge to peruse our New Books shelf or check the new acquisitions lists.
- If there’s a new book that you think would make a great addition to the library, please suggest a purchase!
Research/Information Guide Highlights
Select library-wide and campus-wide events
- Kresge InfoPro Seminars! Check our current listings for this term’s workshops.
- International Open Access Week is Oct 21-27! Join in the festivities with open access programs at Dartmouth.
- Check out the Dartmouth Events Calendar for campus-wide events!